This is the best bakery style chocolate buttercream frosting suggested by many popular chefs that own bakeries around the world. If you want to cook and bake like a professional, then you need to try this basic chocolate buttercream frosting that can be a great part of your favorite cakes, cupcakes, pancakes, and other fun desserts of your choice.
- 1 ¾ cups butter, softened
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, apply the softened butter (room temperature); using an electric mixer on medium speed beat until creamy and smooth.
- Turn down the speed to low, gradually apply the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and continue beating until well combined.
- Next, fold in the heavy cream and vanilla, increase the mixer speed to medium-high, and continue whisking for 9-10 minutes until fluffy and light.
- You can store the buttercream (covered) at room temperature for up to 3 days or keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. (When removed from the fridge, allow to sit at room temperature for 90 minutes, then re-whip it for 8 min. to bring it back to life.) Frost your favorite desserts.